Sunday, August 27, 2006

You are a hypocrite Mr Speed!

Just seen on CricInfo site

"There have been other issues in his umpiring career where people have said 'this is the end for Darrell Hair' - after he called Muttiah Muralitharan for throwing in 1996, and he then wrote a book, and people said 'this is the end for Darrell Hair'," Speed told BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme.

"Darrell survived that and has become a better umpire, he is one of the world's best umpires, so I hope we can find a way for him to continue but I'm not sure that that will happen.

"Why? Because there's a lot of speculation...that Darrell's career is finished, that he's compromised. That's not my wish, I hope we can find a way for him to continue. I would like Darrell Hair to continue umpiring in cricket matches at the top level."

GOLLY GOSH MR SPEED! Forgive me if I've misunderstood your actions but I thought as head of ICC and by publicising the emails between Hair & Cowie that you and your board were the one's who had "compromised" Mr Hair's career as a top 3 umpire. Such hypocrisy Mr Speed!

1 comment:

Stuart Helwig said...

Darrell Hair is going to go down for this, and that is a joke! A sad joke. The ultimate scapegoat. All because he stands up against what we all know it true.