Sunday, August 27, 2006

Just a few googlies to throw in

I was shocked. I thought it was a silly letter-Malcolm Speed talking about the emails between 2 of his employees Hair & Cowie

I don't care what the umpiring is like. In Pakistan and India during the late 1970s and '80s we would never have been on the field if we had thought that way-Geoff Lawson, Australia

Double standards are still alive and well in Test cricket. Where reverse swing is concerned, I don't believe we are cheats and the rest of the world is practising an art form-Wasim Akram

You can ask any fast bowler. If he says he has never tampered with the ball, he either has just started playing, or is lying-Michael Holding

The whole irony and tragedy of this particular story is law 42.3. But law 42.3 is an ass-Bob Woolmer

The media criticism has been hot over here ... that surprises me. But life goes on; nobody died. It is not one of those issues that requires mourning. I have been absolutely stunned by the support I have had-Darrell Hair

If any team does tamper with the ball, I don't think there's anything wrong-Shahid Afridi earlier in 2006

The only time ball tampering became an issue was when Pakistan's bowlers started reverse swinging the ball which was not understood in England. Until then, you would watch bowlers walking to their mark in front of TV cameras and openly getting the seam up. No-one ever commented-Imran Khan

The laws are there for a reason-Steve Waugh

There are occasions when situations could have been handled better. As they have been by other umpires-Bob Woolmer

I am not here to discuss that-Darrell Hair challenged about the 5-run penalty after entering the Pakistan dressing-room to ask if they were willing to resume after not taking the field after tea

No comments: